The Biggest Slap in the Face…

 I can’t help but keep reflecting on something my therapist said to me before everything fell apart. In the middle of an annoyingly anxious episode, she said “I wouldn’t want to be with anyone who acts that way, would you?” Ouch. That’s one hurt. No, I wouldn’t. No one would. So why do I let myself keep slipping into that? That’s something I keep working on figuring out. What I do know is I never want to have one of those episodes again. Happy and healthy. That’s what I keep reminding myself. I never have to be that person again. I feel like I’ve finally started working through the trauma and grief that was holding me back. I’ve been working on it for years, but I finally found a therapist who gets me and sees my potential. That makes the world’s biggest difference  

I am working so hard on myself. I am holding myself accountable. I’m already down a good bit of weight. My clothes are fitting better. I’m noticing how beautiful I am. I’m already feeing more confident. I’ve been keeping my nails done. I made an appointment to get my hair done. I’m excited for my transformation. I feel like I keep posting the same things in these blogs, but typing out my feelings is really helping me. I’ve found apps to track my routines, my exercise, my food, my productivity, and my sobriety. I honestly haven’t felt this good in years. It’s making me a better person. And best of all, it’s making me a better mom. 

Finally on the road to happiness, 

Jamie 

Comments

Popular Posts