My Insecurities Ruined my Relationship…

 I’ve finally accepted the inevitable. My own insecurities are what ruined my relationship. I was anxious. I was overthinking. I was self-conscious. I was worried about him finding someone better. I was afraid he was going to leave me. Guess what? He left me. I was not secure enough in myself. I thought the worst into reality. Overthinking and anxiety are made up delusions in our own minds. We can’t read minds, so we make up worst case scenarios, and that causes us to act weird. The other person can quickly pick up on that. That causes stress in a relationship. No one wants to be with someone who panics all the time. Trust me, I learned the hard way. I was quick to blame my past for my current situation. I didn’t know how to move on. I let my mind hallucinate things that were never true. I am making it my goal to change my anxious attachment style into a secure one. 

The biggest thing I’ve learned during my deep dive into psychology is that we are the only ones who can control our own thoughts and emotions. We decide how we feel. We decide how we let a situation or person affect us. We can’t live in the past. We can’t hold grudges. Everyone goes through hard times, but can’t let those moments define us. We have to move forward in order to be happy. Focusing on the bad only creates stress, overthinking,  and anxiety. You can’t be needy and desperate. That just pushes people away. You have to increase your own value in your own mind. Be confident. Be happy. Be strong. You’re worth it. You deserve the best life you can give yourself. 

Comments

Popular Posts