Keeping My Head Above Water...

 Well, I've been called crazy. I've been called mean. Normally, I wouldn't let that bother me, but I think it was said to me out of spite. Or at least that's how it felt. I wish people would learn to be kind. They don't know what other people are going through. They don't know how it feels to go through some of the things I've been through. My life has not been easy. Now, I've isolated myself from others. My child is struggling. My family dynamic has fallen apart. I haven't spoken to any of siblings in weeks. My mom just wants to go to bars three to four times a week and hit on men half her age. I'm starting to hate my job. None of that really bothered me because I had someone, I wasn’t alone. But we all know how that ended… ha! And on top of all that, I let myself get my feelings hurt. I'm not normally a sissy about things. I usually let things roll off me like water off a ducks back. I just don't know how my life got so out of control so fast. I’m carrying so much stress in my neck and shoulders, I can barely move. I try to fix everyone else and neglect myself. I can’t do that. I have to make myself my top priority. I know it’s going to get better. I know I’m tough. I know I’ve got this. I just need to make some changes, starting with having some fun. 

I’ve agreed to go on a date Friday night. It’s somewhere nice. I get to put on something nice, do my makeup a little extra, and fix my hair. I’m actually really excited. He and I dated a few months awhile back, so there aren’t any nerves. We’re both recently single and not looking for anything serious, so there’s no pressure there either. It should be fun. I’m also meeting a friend for dinner on Sunday. I haven’t seen him in almost a year. It’s going to be a beautiful weekend, so I think I’m going to spend Saturday hiking at Audra. I’m excited. It’s time I turn all this negativity around. 

Comments

Popular Posts