Made Up Fairytale…

It’s been a week since my relationship ended. I’ve cried once. That’s it. So that makes me wonder, was I really in love or I was in love with the idea of being in love. Probably the latter. Don’t get me wrong, he was amazing  I had the best time with him. We had a lot in common. Our personalities mesh well, as long as there was no alcohol involved. But there were red flags I over looked. Things happened or were said that I thought were ok. Looking back, they clearly weren’t. I would’ve saved my self time and heartache if I had just taken off the rose colored glasses. 

I’ve been pretty much single since my divorce eight years ago. I’m creeping up on 40. Am I just afraid of being old and alone? Maybe I was. I’m not now. Kim Kardashian is over 40 and single, she’s not freaking out about it. Why should I? Not everyone’s plan for life is the same. There is no timeline we have to follow. So, I’m done stressing about it. I am a beautiful, intelligent, hilarious, strong, independent, interesting woman. The best thing for me will find me when I stop looking and least expect it. But I’m not even sure I’m ready for a serious relationship. There’s a lot of work I still want to do on myself before I add someone else to the mix  I want to be secure in myself. I know I’m well on my way to being where I want to be  

Patiently waiting…

Jamie 

Comments

Popular Posts