Rough Day…

 We’re doing active shooter training at one of my schools today. They fired off blanks right by our door. There’s been a lot of talk about death and dying. Several ambulances have driven by. Thursday makes two years since my 16 year old sister passed away. All those thoughts and emotions are flooding back. My anxiety is through the roof right now. I keep trying to breath and remind myself that everything is ok. But it’s hard. PTSD is a real thing. No matter how much I work on myself, from time to time, this feeling comes back. I know this will probably happen for the rest of my life, and I can’t let it consume me. I have to acknowledge this is happening and work through it. I have to just keep reminding myself that I am strong, I am ok, and this feeling will pass. 

Comments

Popular Posts