I’m an idiot…

 I had a weak moment. I texted him. I put myself out there one last time. He didn’t respond. At all. Why would I want to be with someone who treats me like that? When did I start believing it’s ok to change for a man? He didn’t listen when I talked. I was always the one to make the two hour drive so we could hang out. He said horrible things to me when we’d fight. He’s indecisive and has serious commitment issues. Always made comments about my big thighs and butt. Clearly cared more about himself and his image than he did me. He’d complete ignore me if I said something he didn't like. I completely overlooked all the red flags. I am far from perfect, don’t get me wrong. I’m annoying. I’m needy. I’m anxious. I can be mean. I need reassurance often. But If someone truly loves you, they won’t try to change you. They won’t put you down. They’ll build you up, no matter what your flaws are. They will help you work through your issues and take responsibility for their own. Why was I so blind for so long? I feel stupid for even being upset about our breakup. I should send him a thank you card. He did me a favor. I deserve so much better. 

Comments

Popular Posts