Humbled...



 
 Nothing makes me feel like a bigger whiner than hanging out with those who are struggling with addiciton. I got asked to cover a few hours at Addiction Recovery tonight. I haven't worked there in months. It's always humbling to talk to some of those people. I am sober. I have a job. I have a car. I have custoday of my child. I have a roof over my head. I am able to pay all my bills on my own. I have food in my fridge. I have money in the bank. My brain isn't eaten up by substances. My parents never forced me to try heroin. I never felt the urge to shoot up gasoline just to see what it would feel like. I didn't have to choose between eating today and getting high. My life is pretty darn good. I got my feelings hurt? Big deal. I'm a badass. It's his loss. I have been asked out almost every day in the last two weeks. I need to be with someone who has their life together, not someone who is looking to start their life. My mom would rather go out than spend time with her children? That's on her. I can't bare this cross for her. She has to figure this one out on her own. I have let myself fall into the gaslighting of others for this entire year. I'm done. I definitely needed the interactions I had this evening with the people who were put in my path. I feel recharged and ready to take on the world. 


Comments

Popular Posts