Finally really completely done.

 Well, I did it. A month after we broke up, I’ve finally completed blocked him. I deleted his number. I’m out a Mickey waffle maker and stuck with a portrait of his cats, but I’m finally done. I said my peace (kind of) and blocked him. I can’t hold space for him anymore. He’s never going to change. I’ve given him three chances and it’s always ended the same. Love isn’t enough sometimes, and that’s ok. I tried, despite all the red flags I saw. And there were a lot, but you can’t help who you fall for. I gave up so much for him and got very little in return. Imagine what a good guy would be like. I wouldn’t have to be the one to always sacrifice and put forth effort. I contacted the guy I didn’t go out with last week and rescheduled our date. I owe it to myself to see what else is out there. I know ultimately whatever is meant to be will be and it’s all in God’s hands.

I’m not the same woman I was a month ago. I’m better. I look better. I feel better. I’m happier. There’s been a lot of changes. Some good, some bad. But I take responsibility for all of them. I’m excited for my new car, which is coming next week. I’m excited for my date, which is also coming next week. I’m excited to make memories with Odin, because I don’t have too much time left with him at home with me. I’m excited for my new niece to get here. I’m excited to help plan her baby shower. I’m excited to rebuild my relationships with my family. The future looks promising and bright. Everything is going to be ok. 

Comments

Popular Posts