My favorite Holiday scent is Peppermint. All of my candles, room sprays, soaps, body washes, and lotions are all CANDY CANE scented this time of year. The scent makes me wanna curl up on the couch with a mug of Peppermint Hot Chocolate & the 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family. Here's a great way to incorporate that great candy cane scent in an easy DIY project.
Candy Cane ScrubFrom Shannon Mariani of Spa & Salon Vdara in Las Vegas
You will need:
- A lidded jar or flip-top container
- Brown sugar
- Cooking oil (we used almond)
- Peppermint essential oil or fresh peppermint sprigs, ground
- Optional decorations: ribbon, gift tags, etc.
- Mix sugar (brown is softer and finer, but white works just as well) with cooking oil until your desired sloughing texture is achieved.
- Add in a few drops of peppermint essential oil and stir. "Another great tip is just adding peppermint essential oil to a warm bath," Mariani adds.
- Decorate the jar for holiday giving (or just keep for yourself).
- Spread all over feet, lower legs, and hands.