Bamboozled…

Within 72 hours of one person threatening to leave me six hours from home and me completely blocking him out of my life, another rolls in to shoot his shot and offers to take me dinner this week. Not sure that’s something I am interested in, but it’s nice to know I’m not completely shriveled up and haggard. Definitely a confidence boost I needed after such a terrible weekend. The funny thing is, I knew this past weekend was going to be bad. I could feel it. Every fiber of my being told me not to go. I bamboozled myself and went anyway. I definitely need some time to take care of me. I put someone else before me, and got played. Sometimes I get too wrapped up in other people and I forget to take care of my own needs. I really thought I’d still be sad over everything that went down, but I am surprisingly refreshed. I saw the true colors, and they looked a lot like my abusive marriage. Not physically, but verbally. I will never allow myself to be treated that way again. No more lies or broken promises. No more letting someone make me feel less than. So it’s Jamie time again. I’m dedicating the next 30 days to myself. Getting back into weekly therapy. Joining the gym. Getting my hair done. And remember how badass I really am. 

Comments

Popular Posts