What I want from my next relationship…

 This is something my therapist told me to think about this week. She said whether it’s getting back with an ex or meeting someone new, I have to have standards to hold myself and my partner to. 

I think the biggest thing I need to change is communication. I tend to hold things in and get annoyed/angry. Then instead of talking through things, I cause fights. Red flag. Don’t want to be that girl again. I think I also need to be more trusting. I always assume I’m never good enough and they’ll find someone else. And that’s on me. I let myself go and lost my self confidence. But I shouldn’t be that way. I have a lot going for me. My body might not be where I want it, but this face is adorable. I’m funny. I’m outgoing. I work hard. I pay my own bills. I’m a great mom. I’m a decent nurse 🤣. I not only love sports, I understand them. Any man would be lucky to have me. I need to stop being so hard on myself. 

As far as what I want from my partner? I want someone who will communicate. Someone who will tell when I’m being ridiculous or unreasonable. Because sometimes I can’t see it for myself. I want to be with someone who is ok with me doing my own thing from time to time, because we need to be happy doing things apart. I also want someone who wants to enjoy life. I want to have as much as possible until I die. Honesty, loyalty, and respect are givens. 

I really do enjoy putting this work in on myself. I feel so much differently than I did two weeks ago. It’s a nice change. 😊

Comments

Popular Posts