Things that bring me joy…

 Today’s journal prompt is making a list of things that bring me joy. Like everyday, I’m putting it out there for the whole world to see because healing needs to be celebrated. I’m not just getting over a breakup, but also still dealing with grief, stress, insecurities, and anxiety. No one should ever feel like they’re alone in their struggles.

10 things that make me happy: 

(In no particular order)

1. Sitting on the beach, in the end of the water, with a drink in my hand. This is where I feel the most relaxed and carefree. 

2. Going to Disney World. I’m not a weird Disney adult, I promise. Growing up, we only did what my mom wanted to do for vacations. No amusement parks. No crowded tourist spots. Just random beaches with nothing to do (which is fun as an adult, but not as a child). So taking my kid to Disney helps me heal my inner child. 

3. Anything that has to do with making me look better- mani/pedi’s, getting my hair done, makeup shopping, spray tan, Botox, working out, anything like that. I enjoy looking and feeling pretty. I’m not getting any younger, I have to preserve what I have left. 

4. A hot shower after coming home from work. Sometimes my job is gross. It’s nice to wash the day away. 

5. Buying gifts for people- definitely one of my love languages. 

6. Music- love listening to music. Love dancing. It really feeds my soul. 

7. Spending time with Odin- I know my time with him at home is running out, I’m savoring every moment with him.  

8. Helping others- probably why I became a nurse. 

9. Complimenting strangers- it’s always nice to make someone else feel better about themselves.  I like seeing people smile. 

10. A nap with a cozy blanket on a rainy day. 

Comments

Popular Posts