My Go-To Makeup Look...


I get asked all of the time about my day to day makeup. So I wanted to post a pic & give a little incite into my go to makeup look. Plus give a few tips on how I apply it. Here we go...

I start with a face primer. I'm really digging Rimmel's Fix & Perfect Pro Primer. You can get it at Wal-Mart for $6. It works just as well as the $36 Smashbox Photofinish. I just put a little on my hand & rub it all over my face. Nothing fancy.

Next, I put one squirt of MAC's Prolongwear Foundation (NW30) in my hand. I use a stippling brush to swirl it onto my face. This gives an even, airbrush type application.

Next, I use MAC's Studio Finish Concealer (NW25) on my dark circles and blemishes. I apply it with my ring finger, then blend it with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I've found it works the best, regular Concealer brushes tend to leave weird lines on my face.

I set that with MAC's Studio Fix powder (NW35). I use a big, fluffy powder brush to apply it.

Next, I apply Too Faced Shadow Insurance. This keeps my shadow looking freshly applied all day. No joke.

Although I have a billion pencil eyeliners, I still prefer to use MAC's Carbon eyeshadow as a liner. It's a matte black. I apply it with an angled liner brush. It looks great & blends easily. I'm not a fan of harsh black lines.

Next I apply Urban Decay's Naked eyeshadow all over my lid, and under my eye. I use a regular eyeshadow sponge. I've tried a billion brushes & I find the sponge looks the best.

I use Virgin, also from the Naked  palette as a highlighter on my brow bone & in the corners. I use a small shadow brush.

Then, I use Darkhorse (yep, Naked palette...again) in the crease using a fluffy shadow brush. I go heavier on the outer corner, then blend it into the inner eye. I also use it on the outer half of the bottom of my eye. This makes the look smoky.

Finish off the eyes with an eyelash curler & a coat of L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in black.

Sometimes, I'll use Buck to fill in my eyebrows, it just depends on how they look that day...lol. I just use an angled liner brush to fill in the holes.

I contour my face with Benefit Hoola Bronzer. It's a matte, brown bronzer. Never use anything orange tinted or sparkly. I use an angled fluffy brush for this.

I highlight with MAC's cream color base in pearl. I apply this with my fingers.

Then I add MAC's Powder Blush in Stunner to the apples of my cheeks, using a basic blush brush.

Finish the look the with MAC's lipstick in Hue.

I've also gotten really brave & started making videos. I'm going to do a whole series on makeup application. Be sure to look for those within the next week!!

Comments

Popular Posts