Long eyelashes can make eyes look bigger, fuller and more inviting, but not all of us are blessed with sky-high lashes. Thankfully, modern civilization invented false eyelashes, which come in various styles, colors, and sizes. If you learn how to put them on correctly, no one will ever guess that they're not yours. Here's how to apply them...
- Trim the lashes- If the lash is bigger than your eye, trim one side (lash by lash) until the fit.
- Squeeze eyelash glue onto the back of your hand and run the eyelash along it- Blow softly from edge to edge to make the glue a little less runny to apply your lashes.
- Pick up the lashes with tweezers & get them as close to your natural lash line as possible.
- Press from end to end and hold until the glue dries (30 seconds to a minute, or sometimes less depending upon the adhesive)- This allows the glue to set so that when you lift your fingertips from it, the lashes won't come along for the ride
- Apply mascara while pressing your finger behind the fake lashes- This will bond the false lashes with yours.(It may be beneficial to use an eyelash curler before applying mascara)
- Fill any gaps between the false lashes and your natural lash line with eyeliner.
This will take some practice, so don't be discouraged if you don't get it on the first try. Also, don't feel like you have to go out & spend $20 on a set you're going to wear one time. Lady Gaga's makeup man, Billy B, uses Ardell lashes, which can be picked up at Wal-Mart for around $5.