How I Apply MY Eye Shadow...

I've had a lot of requests on doing an eye shadow tutorial. I was going to make a video, but my video camera is acting up, and it won't record longer than 30 seconds. Rather than making 15 mini videos, I'm going to try & explain it the best way I can. Here goes nothing...

Lucky for me, a ton of Too Faced products come with how to cards. I found one that shows how I do my eye shadow. I use the same format every day. You can use this to do a neutral day time eye, a smokey eye, and everything in between...

Start by priming your eye lid. This will help keep the shadow from creasing & help keep it on & vibrant all day. I use Too Faced's Shadow insurance.

Where the PINK color is:
Use any LIGHTER color (tan, gold, gray, etc.)

Next, I use a white/cream color on the inner corner of the eye & right under the brow.

**BLEND**
I use my ring finger to blend these 2 colors together. This is a very important step. No one looks cute with big blotches of color on their eye lids. Trust me.

Where the BROWN color is:
You can use ANY color here, as long as it's darker than your base color. Have fun with it. I like to use dark browns, black, teal blues, emerald greens, purples...ANYTHING. Use your index finger to help blend this in. Don't be afraid to experiment with color. Makeup is suppose to be fun.

Next, throw on a little liner, if you'd like. Sometimes I wear it, sometimes I don't.

Finish by curling your lashes, and putting on mascara.

Take a day & practice at home. Try different colors. Don't be afraid. It's just makeup, it will wash off...I promise. As a girl, it's fun to look different everyday. I hope this was helpful. As soon as I figure out how to work my video camera, I will start making tutorials, so let me know if there's anything you'd like to see!!

Comments

Popular Posts